Great Lakes of North America on Le Dumont d'Urville
Set sail with PONANT aboard Le Dumont-d’Urville for an 8-day cruise discovering the Great Lakes of North America, in the heart of a flamboyant nature full of the colours of the late summer.
You will leave from Milwaukee, in the US state of Wisconsin, the beginning of your voyage following the footsteps of the first settlers, trappers and Native Americans, before a lovely sailing experience on Lake Michigan, a veritable inland sea.
The next lake, Lake Huron, boasts a myriad of islands in its northern part, with white rocks capped with conifers plunging into the sapphire waters of the lake.
You will also discover the charming city of Parry Sound, in the heart of the wonderful UNESCO Biosphere Reserve of Georgian Bay.
Le Dumont-d’Urville will then sail the canal connecting Lake Erie to Lake Ontario. From this call in Port Colborne, you will be able to see the impressive sight of Niagara Falls. These three powerful waterfalls, renowned the world over, are an exquisite natural spectacle.
To round off your cruise, you will sail along the shimmering waters of Lake Ontario before making your way to the cosmopolitan city of Toronto, where you will disembark.
Le Dumont-d'Urville belongs to a new generation of ships fitted with innovative equipment and designed to be environmentally friendly, and which come equipped with lounges that are largely open to the exterior, an outdoor swimming pool and a Blue Eye, a multisensorial underwater lounge. Everything is in place for an extraordinary cruise experience. It's now possible to depart for adventure to the most remote places on the planet onboard a ship offering luxury services.
PONANT is the World Leader in Luxury Expeditions with ultra-modern, intimate ships, offering attentive service and well-designed itineraries that touch all corners of the globe. Every cruise is a blend of adventure, exploration, and discovery—all experienced in luxurious comfort, even in the heart of extreme landscapes.
Why cruise with PONANT?
• 12 luxury small ships, able to easily navigate small waterways and visit remote destinations not accessible by large cruise ships.
• Le Commandant Charcot, the world’s first luxury hybrid-electric polar exploration yacht, sails further into the polar regions (including the Geographic North Pole).
• The youngest expedition fleet afloat.
• The leader in luxury polar expeditions for over 20 years and cultural cruising for over 30 years.
• Over 400 awe-inspiring cruises, calling at over 450 ports on all seven continents.
• Experts on board our voyages of discovery and learning to enrich guests’ understanding of the destinations.
• An exclusive partnership with Smithsonian Journeys, the the travel program of the Smithsonian Institution.
• Understated elegance on board with French-inspired cuisine, fine wines, and chic design.
• Proud to partner with Sothys, Veuve Clicquot, and Ducasse Conseil. Ships feature fabrics by Pierre Frey, beauty products from Hermès, macarons by Ladurée, and tea from Palais des Thés.
• 100% of our staterooms have a sea view and 95% have a balcony (100% on the PONANT EXPLORERS).
• Attentive yet discreet service from an experienced, multilingual onboard staff and crew.
• Open bridge access (requires approval from Captain).
• “Clean Ship” certification for the fleet in recognition of their eco-friendly features.
• All-inclusive pricing with open bar, gratuities, port fees, and taxes (including Zodiac explorations/landings on expeditions).
• The world’s first underwater passenger lounge, the Blue Eye, featured exclusively on the PONANT EXPLORER ships.
|2||Sailing Lake Michigan|
|2||Mackinac Island||1:30 PM||7:00 PM|
|3||Sault-Sainte-Marie||7:00 AM||6:00 PM|
|4||Little Current||7:00 AM||6:00 PM|
|5||Parry Sound||1:00 PM||5:00 PM|
|5||Sailing Lake Huron|
|6||Sailing St. Clair River|
|6||Sailing Through Detroit|
|7||Sailing Lake Erie|
|7||Port Colborne||1:00 PM||8:00 PM|