Zanzibar, Aldabra & the treasures of the Indian Ocean on Le Champlain
Embark with PONANT aboard Le Champlain for a 13-day expedition cruise in the Indian Ocean. A chance to discover stunning natural environments, exceptional wildlife, and UNESCO World Heritage sites loaded with history.
From Zanzibar, a city with superb UNESCO-listed buildings, blending African, Arab, Indian and European influences over more than a millennium, you will first reach Pemba Island and its clove plantations and fantastic scuba diving.
After visiting of the coral island of Misali, your next port of call will be an opportunity to discover the ruins of the 13th-century Swahili trading post of Kilwa Kisiwani.
You will reach stunning Assumption Island before setting sail for the Aldabra Atoll, a pristine sanctuary listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Further on, the small island of Astove will provide an opportunity for snorkelling and diving in search of underwater life shimmering with colours.
Before disembarking in Victoria on the island of Mahé, a veritable picture-postcard awaits you in La Digue: palm trees, granite rocks, white sand and crystal-clear waters.
The encounters with the wildlife described above illustrate possible experiences only and cannot be guaranteed.
Like the rest of the PONANT EXPLORERS series, Le Champlain successfully manages to subtly combine the desire to explore the remotest regions of the planet with the comfort and privacy of a cosily intimate ship.
To the innovative and environmentally friendly equipment are added elegant design and a unique atmosphere in keeping with the whole PONANT universe. Your dream of a cruise onboard a cosily intimate ship is thus made possible through the combination of an authentically genuine voyage experience together with discreet luxury.
PONANT is the World Leader in Luxury Expeditions with ultra-modern, intimate ships, offering attentive service and well-designed itineraries that touch all corners of the globe. Every cruise is a blend of adventure, exploration, and discovery—all experienced in luxurious comfort, even in the heart of extreme landscapes.
Why cruise with PONANT?
• 12 luxury small ships, able to easily navigate small waterways and visit remote destinations not accessible by large cruise ships.
• Le Commandant Charcot, the world’s first luxury hybrid-electric polar exploration yacht, sails further into the polar regions (including the Geographic North Pole).
• The youngest expedition fleet afloat.
• The leader in luxury polar expeditions for over 20 years and cultural cruising for over 30 years.
• Over 400 awe-inspiring cruises, calling at over 450 ports on all seven continents.
• Experts on board our voyages of discovery and learning to enrich guests’ understanding of the destinations.
• An exclusive partnership with Smithsonian Journeys, the the travel program of the Smithsonian Institution.
• Understated elegance on board with French-inspired cuisine, fine wines, and chic design.
• Proud to partner with Sothys, Veuve Clicquot, and Ducasse Conseil. Ships feature fabrics by Pierre Frey, beauty products from Hermès, macarons by Ladurée, and tea from Palais des Thés.
• 100% of our staterooms have a sea view and 95% have a balcony (100% on the PONANT EXPLORERS).
• Attentive yet discreet service from an experienced, multilingual onboard staff and crew.
• Open bridge access (requires approval from Captain).
• “Clean Ship” certification for the fleet in recognition of their eco-friendly features.
• All-inclusive pricing with open bar, gratuities, port fees, and taxes (including Zodiac explorations/landings on expeditions).
• The world’s first underwater passenger lounge, the Blue Eye, featured exclusively on the PONANT EXPLORER ships.